3.1.06

The Year That Was

I'm so glad to see the end of 2005. I haven't written much, not as much as I would have liked. 2005, a year of personal tragedy for those closest to me. My personal secretary, you could even call her my alter-ego, lost her mother and one of her brothers this year. So, I've had to do a lot of my own typing. Silly activity, really. It's much easier the way I usually do it, speak into a microphone, and miraculously everything comes out in neat little letters, on neat little pages. Ah well, progress means that you yourself have to get close to the machine at some point, I suppose.

I think you'll agree that 2005 had more than its share of natural catastrophes. I sense that 2006 will bring us more of the same. Most human settlements are near some natural hotspot, just waiting to be disasterized. Below sea-level, in a flood plain, on the slopes of a seemingly dormant volcano, yeesh, are we lookin' for it, or what!

Nevertheless, since this is a Tarot card site, mostly, here is one card drawn with the intent of summing up what 2006 will be like for, let's say North America. That should cover it:

And the lucky card is...... The Two of Cups!



I must say I am surprised. I never expected a card outlining such a promise of harmony and understanding. Passion and spirituality working together, forging bonds of respect, showing the net advantages of chaste conduct. Together there is the possibility of forging a ladder to help us all ascend to a higher level of understanding. Clear skies, fruitful land, well-tended cities. Well well well.